Friday, February 21, 2014

The Liebster Award

Guess what! I was nominated for the Liebster Award!

What, you don't know what that means? Neither do I, really. But I do know that it has something to do with someone on this world wide web taking the time to read my blog and believing I am worthy of some type of recognition.  That someone was Elle at Elle's Vogue.  Thank you, Elle!


Also, thank you everybody else that pops in to read about my shenanigans. I tip my imaginary hat to all of you for not being scared away by my weirdness yet. Virtual high-fives for all! If you're wondering why I didn't send a virtual hug instead of a virtual high-five, it's because that would be awkward (no offense).

Anyway, being nominated for this award means I have to follow some rules, and I am not very good about following rules. Ask my mother or any teacher I have ever had. Nevertheless, I will try.

Liebster Award Rules 

-State 11 facts about yourself
-Answer 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you
-Nominate 11 new bloggers and set 11 questions for them to answer.  Oh, and these bloggers are supposed to be new bloggers or bloggers with less than 200 followers.
-Include the Liebster Award logo in your post and/or the side bar.


You want to know 11 facts about me?

11.)  Wind drives me berserk.  The sound of it, the way it feels, and everything about it makes me want to flip out.  I seriously want to start throwing punches at the obnoxious air on a windy day.  I don't though, because that would make me crazy.  Instead, I make one of those horrible "it's really windy today" faces.

10.)  I have little to no self-control when it comes to baked goods or sweets of any kind.  Every couple of weeks, I make a pan of brownies and eat the whole thing in two days by myself.  

9.)  I'm an almost 26-year-old that cannot do a cartwheel.

8.)  I also cannot dive.  People try to teach me, but it always ends with me saying, "F it.  Wanna see my cannonball?  I can cannonball."

7.)  My favorite writer of all time is David Sedaris.  I've read all of his books, some of them probably 5 times.

6.)  Getting a pedicure is sort of a terrifying experience for me.  Another human being touching my feet freaks me out.  I try to act calm during a pedicure, but I am fighting the urge to kick that nail tech in the face the whole time--not because I am angry, but because it tickles, and I hate it.  

5.)  I love tomatoes.  While I am open-minded and understand that we all have different taste buds, I get really confused about why some people hate tomatoes.  It makes me sad.  

4.)  When all of my peers loved to watch Beauty and the Beast, my favorite movie in elementary school was Dirty Dancing.  And Ghost.  I loved Ghost.

3.)  I'm embarrassingly horrible at using chopsticks.  I think I am developmentally delayed in fine motor.

2.)  I'm a night owl and rarely go to bed before midnight.  If I do, I am laying there thinking of all the other things I could be doing with my time.  I feel like a toddler that is being forced to take a nap when all I want to do is eat Cheerios and play with my dinosaurs.  

1.)  My favorite show is Curb your Enthusiasm.  Larry David is hilarious.

Elle asked me the following questions:

1. Why did you start your blog?
I love writing, and I wanted to push myself out of my comfort zone by actually sharing my random stories and thoughts with others instead of writing just for myself.  I have found that it is much more rewarding to write something that will be shared with others than to write something that will stay in your personal journal for nobody else to read.  Also, I hope that some of my stories can make people laugh or cause them to say, "me too!"  

2. What is your favorite type of food? (For example, Chinese, Thai, Indian, Italian)
Chinese.  I crave Chinese pretty much every night.

3. Would you ever dye your hair? Why/Why not?
I have, yes.  I probably will not dye my hair anytime soon.  It's expensive and bad for your hair.  Plus, my natural hair looks the best on me than other hair colors.

4. If you could go into outer space, would you?
No.  I'd be terrified.  I'll leave that for the astronauts.

5. What are your top tips for beginner bloggers?
Write about what you want to write about.  Be yourself, even if you're a little weird like me.  People like it when you're real.  Those are all of the tips I have so far.  I've only been blogging since January.

6. Do you prefer the winter or summer Olympics?
Winter, because I like to watch ice skating and say, "HOW do they do that?"  I also like to watch curling and laugh at  it.

7. If you had to live the rest of your life with just three makeup/beauty products, what would they be?
Blush, bronzer, and mascara.  I have Casper-like complexion and hardly any eyelashes.

8. What is your favorite blush?
Clinque or any other kind that makes me look less like Casper.  

9. What is your favorite clothing brand?
J Crew.

10. What is your favorite makeup/skincare brand?
Clinque?  You are asking all of these beauty questions to the wrong blogger ;)

11. What is your dream job? 
I'd love to be a writer.  I don't see myself writing real novels though.  I'm more of a short story/essay kind of person.  I suppose that's due to my short attention span.  

I nominate the following 11 bloggers:


(These numbers do not rank them; they are all equally awesome in their own way.)

1.  The Floundering
2.  Musings of a Crazy Cat Girl
3.  Mermade Moments
4.  More than Cheese and Beer
5.  Short Stories and Sustenance
6.  Pink Nightmare
7.  The Rant
8.  Tomato Flavored Popsicles
9.  Awkwardly Alive and Pleasantly Peculiar
10.  Cassandra's Curse
11.  I'm Not Really a Barista

I chose these people because I think they write wonderful content, and I believe more people should be reading their blogs.  Plus, these bloggers need to know they're awesome.  That is, if they don't already know that about themselves. 

As for following the rules, I tried really hard to follow the rules and only choose new bloggers or bloggers with less than 200 followers.  If I fudged up, I fudged up.  I'm a human bean.  (I know it's human being, but it's funnier to say bean.)

Questions for the 11 bloggers I picked:



1.  What is your most embarrassing moment?
2.  If you had to have the same thing for dinner every night for the rest of your life, what would you want that dinner to be?
3.  If you could invite one celebrity over for dinner, who would that be?  Why?
4.  What is your favorite movie?
5.  What are your top 3 guilty pleasures?
6.  What is the most embarrassing song on your iPod?
7.  If your life had a theme song, what would it be?
8.  If you had the chance to be a contestant on a game show, which game show would you pick?
9.  What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
10.  What is your favorite book?
11.  What websites do you visit most frequently?

Bloggers, I tried to come up with some fun questions to make your Liebster Award posts really interesting.  Interesting for me, at least.  Wow.  How selfish of me.

Spoiler alert for a possible upcoming post:  I am about to embark on a cross-country skiing adventure this weekend!  My FIRST cross-country skiing adventure.  It is bound to end in injury and/or embarrassment.  Stay tuned.

15 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for nominating me!

    Those are some good questions. A few of them I'll have to think about a bit before I come up with an answer. My most embarrassing moment? Most? That's tough. Also 11 facts is kind of hard too. Hm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the most embarrassing moment one is tough. I've had so many ridiculous moments that it is difficult to pick the MOST embarrassing one. These Liebster posts are a lot of work, but they're fun. I'll admit I spent way too much time writing mine.

      Delete
  2. Thank you soooo much for nominating me!! I'm so honored! :) I'll post my answers to your questions in my next post! :) I also LOVE David Sedaris! Do we also need to nominate another 11 bloggers in addition to answering questions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I have fun reading your posts, and I thought this was a great opportunity to let you and other bloggers know that I appreciate your blogs.

      Yes, you are also supposed to nominate 11 other bloggers. It kind of takes forever to do one of these, but I had fun with it. You can probably do less than 11 nominations if you want to.

      Delete
    2. I still can't directly reply through email to your comments. :( Sad face! If you want to fix that, this blogger explains it step-by-step. http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.com/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html

      But anywho, GET READY TO LIVE. The Starbucks Birthday Cake Frap is a secret recipe and this is how you can tell them to make it!! Order a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino + 1 pump Hazelnut + 1 pump White Mocha + protein powder! Whipped cream and a candle is optional! :) I highly suggest you visit your local Starbucks RIGHT NOW and order one! A venti..trust me. ; )

      Delete
    3. You should tell me if it's working now. I changed it to the blogger profile instead of google plus. I heard google plus likes to screw things up.

      And thanks for giving me the Birthday Cake Frap recipe. Sounds dangerous, but delicious! I think I need to hit up Starbucks tomorrow :)

      Delete
  3. Woo being nominated for this! I just finished up my post for this, which will be going up tomorrow. I'll link you when it goes up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As promised, here's my response

      http://absentelemental.wordpress.com/2014/02/24/liebster-award/

      Delete
    2. I read it, and I loved it. Awesome answers to my questions. I can't get the stupid Chumbawamba song out of my head now.

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for the nomination! I've done one of these before and coming up with the answers/questions is tough!

    Also -- don't feel bad, I try not to have sweets around because I'll eat them all in a sitting or two. And I can't dive or cartwheel either... I've never been one to do anything athletic very well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! You deserve it :).

      Also, you have no idea how excited I am to hear that someone else on this planet is as athletically challenged as I am!

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for the nomination! I'm honored. I'll get working on it now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, good job Jack! I'm really enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. I'm glad that I was brave enough to blog and actually let people read it. It's so exciting when I hear people tell me that they find my blog entertaining. Sure, there is only a tiny handful of those people, but I am very appreciative for ANYONE taking their time to read my stories. With that said, Thank you!!

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs